Moran Medical Student Rotation Assignment
- Each medical student rotating at the Moran Eye Center will submit at least one Image, Case or Video Report for a grade
- Students will work with Residents and Faculty to identify appropriate image, case or video
- Students will use the Moran CORE Metadata template
- Students will have Faculty review the report and sign off before submitting
- Submit the Report assignment to Medical Student Educational Coordinator.
You MUST include the original image, as a separate image file. (See instructions for downloading from AXIS below.)
- Medical Student Educational Coordinator will submit the assignment to Dr. Petty (Director of Education) for a grade
- After the assignment is graded, Medical Student Educational Coordinator will send it to the moran-core email address
- Moran CORE Team will:
- Check for any necessary editing (grammar, punctuation)
- Check for plagiarism
- Add text to image (Moran Eye Center, Student Name)
- Submit to CORE Team at Eccles Library for adding to the site
- Eccles Library team will add the Image Report to the categories indicated
- Eccles Library team will send a formal acceptance letter to the student and faculty, including a citation to the report for adding to the student CV
Moran Eye Center Logo for use on PPT:
Images from AXIS:
DO NOT submit screen shot images using Grab or Snipping Tool. Download the full resolution images from Axis.
To get on Axis, there are two options:
1) Go to Epic, open the patient’s chart, and click on the Axis button on the left. (Some users or patients may not have this button).
2) Go to applications.med.utah.edu, open internet explorer, and go to https://moranaxis.hsc.ad.utah.edu/axis.
You may need to contact James Gilman for a username and password.
Click on the image to open it, then click the green down arrow icon, or right click and select Save.
You will have to save the image on your network drive (you cannot save directly to your personal computer).
Then you need to use the University of Utah Box (box.utah.edu), University of Utah Send It (https://send.med.utah.edu), or encrypted email (UofU users type “PHI” in the subject) to send the images to yourself.