Examples of Pre-Work Assignments
- AAO resources:
- Review articles or landmark studies
Videos and Lectures
- Moran CORE lecture videos recorded from prior years
- Iowa EyeRounds Glaucoma curriculum and Oculoplastics procedures
- EyeTube for anterior segment and vitreoretinal procedures
- info for Oculoplastics procedures by Richard Cesar
- NOVEL for neuro-ophthalmology exam findings and lectures
Peer-Reviewed Website Articles
- Wiki-style topics that can offer more up-to-date information than textbooks:
- “Eyes for Ears” (by Yale University Ophthalmology residents) to review high yield boards material
- “J Lawton Smith Neuro-ophthalmology collection”
- “Straight from the Cutter’s Mouth” VR surgeon podcast on journal article discussions and current events
- Send clinical cases to learners ahead of time to review as pre-work. Instruct residents to think of differentials and devise next steps prior to class.
- Create your own review PowerPoint or record a didactic lecture to post on Moran CORE.
- Instruct residents to send you questions, clinical cases, and challenging patient scenarios encountered in clinic or on-call.
- Save the last 20-30 minutes of your session to answer and discuss resident questions.
Download this document in PDF format: MOLE – Pre-Work Assignments_4-21-20
Compiled by Srav Vegunta, MD and Katherine Hu, MD
Last updated April 21, 2020